AuthorMessage
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

Number of posts : 187

Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:37 pm

That's right, fun with a capital PH!

I've (sorta) gotten back into Pokemon again, and I feel like making yet another team. Since that Lucario team was never finished (and I don't really care to finish it) I decided I wanted to make a team that was really fun to use.

How do I define fun, you ask? Well, in terms of Pokemon, I believe fun to be crushing OU teams with standard OU Pokemon with BL, UU, or otherwise unexpected Pokemon while they have no way to handle them simply because they don't know how. My point is that I want to make a party of uncommon/unexpected Pokemon that have the capability to take out a team caught off guard.

Unfortunately, as you've all seen before, I'm rather indecisive and bad at making teams all together, so if I can get help from any master strategists out there (*coughcharlottecough*), I will be ever grateful to you!

Things I have in mind for this team:

- Pokemon should be more uncommon, so as it will catch the opponent off guard
- Pokemon that are more common in the metagame that I use will have a more unexpected movepool or will be used for a more unexpected purpose
- Keep the party in a state where the members can interchange between 3v3 and 6v6 battles easily
- Attempt to fit in Dunsparce for the unlimited cool points promised by Smogon

Now then! Here's a little list of Pokemon I've been considering for this team:

Clefable Aggron Dunsparce Claydol Hitmonlee Jynx Kabutops Kangaskhan Kingler
Lanturn Lapras Linoone Muk Octillery Politoed Poliwrath Sharpedo Stantler Toxicroak Wailord

Those guys are all UU. Now here's the BL's...

Crobat
Exeggutor Flygon Gardevoir Hariyama Kingdra Miltank Rampardos Slowking Smeargle Zangoose

And that's my list! Of course, I'll still accept using any Pokemon not mentioned in either list as long as I'd truly need them (even OU Pokemon). Those are just some of the ones that struck my interest. Especially Clefable and Dunsparce XD

Of course, I'll accept using any Pokemon that isn't on the list as long as it will help out the team (even if it's OU). Just keep in mind that I'm dot

Many thanks for any help!

Last edited by Dragon on Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Since I seem to actually want a Trick Room team, I thought I'd go with the idea and this is what I shat out. Enjoy Very Happy

***NOTE: This set is meant to perform in both 3v3 and 6v6 environments, but is specifically geared more towards 3v3***

Banette @ Focus Sash
Relaxed
Insomnia
180 Hp, 252 Atk, 80 Spec. Def
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Knock Off
- Shadow Claw

In my (un)professional opinion, Banette is one of the best possible leads for a Trick Room team, as well as one of the least known. With Focus Sash, you survive the OHKO attack meant to kill you and still set up Trick Room. Use Destiny Bond the next turn and take your opponents lead with you. Knock Off and Shadow Claw so you can still fight/if your opponent suspects Destiny Bond. Tyranitar foils this set, in the sense of ruining the Destiny Bond portion, but cannot stop Trick Room even with STAB'd Crunch and Sandstream. Taunt Gyarados also ruins the fun of Trick Room. In the case of TTar, Bronzong is the alternative lead; Porygon2, in the case of Gyara.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Levitate
Relaxed
252 HP, 152 Atk, 8 Def, 96 Spec. Def
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

The alternative to Banette, should there be a Tyranitar lead. Come in, set up Trick Room, Gyro Ball/Earthquake stuff, Explode when done. An equipped Lum Berry makes sure that Sleep won't stop Trick Room from going up.

Relicanth @ Choice Band
Rock Head
Brave
252 Atk, 240 Hp, 16 Def
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Double-edge

With Trick Room support, Relicanth is a deadly Physical Sweeper. Head Smash (with no recoil) and Waterfall are great STAB, which along with Earthquake, cover pretty much everything. Double-edge is for...well, everything else.

Rotom @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Quiet
252 Spec. Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Def
- Trick
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp/Confuse Ray/Light Screen

Standard Trick Specs set, with a status move/Light Screen. I doubt the Rotom I get on cartridge will have the right Hidden Power, so rather than bother wit that at all I'll go with something to help the team, instead. Surely, he will be one annoying little guy.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Trace
Quiet
252 HP, 68 Def, 92 Spec. Atk, 96 Spec. Def
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
- Tri-Attack/Ice Beam
- Recover

Same job as Gardavoir had as a Taunt Gyara counter, but without leaving the team open to a larger Ghost/Dark weakness. Tbolt/Charge Beam for taking out Gyara, Tri-Attack for STAB + status, or Ice Beam to cover things that would otherwise wall it with Tri-Attack. Recover for...well, recovery.

Camerupt @ Life Orb
Solid Rock
Quiet
186 HP, 188 Atk, 136 Spec. Atk
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume/Flamethrower
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Explosion

Still a bit of a strange moveset that needs to be solidified, but it's a good Mixed Sweeper. Lava Plume has STAB and a 30% burn rate, or there's the alternative Flamethrower for more power, but both cover Bronzong. Earthquake for secondary STAB and Stone Edge/Rock Slide for fliers. I prefer Rock Slide for accuracy purposes + flinch rate. Explode when done.

And THAT is my version of a Trick Room team. Still needs solidifying, but I think this team could work...Tell me what you think!

I'll be chillin' with Bob Ross in the mean time. He's painting me some happy trees afro

Last edited by Dragon on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:32 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

Number of posts : 305
Friend Codes : Pearl:Can't remeber Diamond: Can't remeber

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:39 am

As everyone probobly knows, I am not that good at making teams.... Crying or Very sad

But anywayz, i'll have a little try.

NAME: Dunsparce
ABILITY: Serene Grace
NATURE: Jolly
ITEM: Salac berry
EV's: 255 Spd, 126 SDef, 126 Def (and 3 leftover)
MOVES;
-Waterpulse
-Headbutt
-Ancient Power
-Glare

With serene grace doubles the chance of moves extra effects this moveset is a must have for dunsparce. Headbutt has a 60% chance of flinching the opponent and also gains STAB bonus. And Waterpulse has a fair chance of confusing the foe and ancient power gives you the possibility to increase stats. Ev's will need to be invested in speed for it to have any chance surviving, glare is there to paralyze the opponent switching in giving you the opportunity to attack twice before your foe has hit you once.

NAME: Gardevior
ABILITY: TRACE
NATURE: MODEST
ITEM: Leftovers
EV's: 172 HP / 136 Def / 20 Spd / 46 SAtk / 136 SDef
MOVES;
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Will-ow-Wisp

I know this is quite a well known set so you may want to go for a more unexpected set but here it is anyway. Trace, if used correctly, can be very helpful to regain HP from abilities like volt absorb and water absorb. Psychic is their for obvious reasons, STAB bonus great sweeping move etc. After a calm mind Gardevior will be ready to act as a nice S.wall, and will-ow-wisp will help it survive them nasty physical hits. Thunderbolt is a nice powerful backup to psychic but there are other moves which have there own uses; ice punch for salamences, Celebis and Ground types, Fire Punch for Metagrosses and Hidden Power [Water] for Houndooms and Tyranitars.

I will probably give you some more pokemans movesets later but for now thats all it.

Hope that helped.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonarena.forumandco.com
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:14 am

lead with crobat. i see no better alternative. 252 atk/252 spd hypnosis, taunt, u-turn, aerial ace is standard, i think; ideally pursuit should be in the fourth slot but i believe that's illegal with hypnosis.

i also see toxicroak, kabutops, and kingdra and i think rain dance team. to make this team suitable for OU play, i believe gardevoir and miltank would offer you the most solid defensive typing combo. note that you're earthquake weak.

i'm not any good at making these kind of theme teams, but the general strategy would be like this:
1. crobat lead gives you an immediate advantage by crippling with sleep or hopefully KOing with u-turn.
2. kabutops or kingdra sets up rain dance. i personally would put a wet rock on kabutops, since it's fragile and if it goes down, you'd much rather have rain still up for kingdra as a secondary sweeper. mixed with life orb on kingdra.
3. toxicroak works as a tertiary sweeper. nasty plot plus vacuum wave might be a potent combination, although toxicroak comes with some other useful priority moves, namely bullet punch, sucker punch, and fake out. swords dance bullet punch might be your best option to take out tyranitar, though i'll have to run some damage calcs to determine whether np vaccum wave will be better, considering the stab boost.
4. gardevoir offers you healing with wish. miltank works as a cleric to cure those nasty, debilitating thunder waves, as well as spread some paralysis around with body slam. they'll provide some special and physical defensive buffers, respectively.

very simple, effective strat if your opponents aren't ready for it. to make note of the potentially dangerous weather changers, tyranitar is countered by toxicroak, and cs abomasnow leads have nothing on you. hippowdon has too little sp. defense to take a surf from kingdra, rain dance or not, so with those threats out of the way i think it's safe to say that this team has enormous surprise sweeping potential. the only things i can see ruining your strategy are cb mach punchers, or extremespeed/mach punch/vaccum wave/bullet punch (you get the picture) lucario with an attack boost. with two swift swimmers on board, your opponent will be hard pressed to outsweep you if they're caught off guard; having crobat lead helps that tremendously.

i could flesh this post out more if you'd like, but i figured i would give you the honors of first draft. i'll be watching this thread to provide ev spreads and moveset corrections, if necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:16 am

Charlotte may i just ask what your IQ level is?

Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:33 am

somewhere between 130 and 140? idk. mensa's sample test yielded 139, but it's not official and i don't trust it much so i'll assume my actual IQ is lower.

btw sorry about no dunsparce, dragon. if you wanted to make a substitution, it would be dunsparce instead of miltank for typing's sake.

dunsparce has a wide enough movepool for a special set which would take advantage of rain dance, or a paraflinch set which would work as a standalone. with the special set you'll want thunder and water pulse; adding ice beam will let you sweep. substitute or calm mind would be fine in the last slot. paraflinch is easier; thunder wave or body slam to paralyze, and headbutt, bite, and rock slide to cause flinching. anything else is really quite unnecessary, only way you'll lose with that set is if you run out of pp or if you bungle your paralysis prediction, obviously. modest and adamant respectively.

EVs for dunsparce are very simple; 144 hp, 36 def, 76 spdef makes the efficient maximum defensive spread and leaves you 252 free points to toss into the attacking stat you plan to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am

Charlotte, really, why are you so good at making teams? I don't think I'll ever know...

But anyway, that team's amazing. I love how it's sorta got a little makeshift Rain Dance party thrown into it. I really don't think anyone would see that coming, especially if they get distracted wondering why I picked some of the Pokemon I did for the team.

The only real problem I see is the usability of the team itself. As it is, it looks like I'd need to be using all 6 members of this team to pull off the winning strategy. Unfortunately, since I play Pokemon Battle Revolution most of the time (for teh big 3-Dness), I can only use 3 Pokemon max per battle.

That's not to say that there can't be an overall theme or strategy to the team, but if there is, it should probably include all the team members or otherwise they'd be better off just being stand alone and covering each others backs.

Oh, but I finally remembered what I wanted this party to be! My original thought was to make it sort of like a "Novelty party gone bad," hence why Clefable and Dunsparce were the first to jump to my mind.

Back to top Go down
PCG520
MMO Co-ordinator
MMO Co-ordinator

Number of posts : 177

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Charlotte = Pokemon Team God(dess?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gunz.ijji.com
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:21 pm

mm

for 3v3, you could always lead with gardevoir (trace and autointimidate for those big, big threats, although you're basically screwed against crobat and weavile leads), since leading with crobat would just blow you wide open for a zapdos sweep, or a jolteon sweep in a sleep clause environment. have kabutops and kingdra be your two backups. rain dance with one of them and sweep. no dunsparce, but you won't need one in the much faster-paced 3v3 environment (where you're likely to sweep with even just a mixed kingdra; walls aren't as common in 3v3 and mixed kingdra is designed to break them anyway). piece of cake.

if you'd rather look for another alternative, that's okay with me, though. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:09 pm

That's good but I feel that I have to point out that you're thinking a little too hard. Having played Netbattle and Shoddy Battle (slightly), I can safely say that they are both a completely different metagame from that of PBR (which, again, is my favorite place to battle). The main reason being that in order to play on PBR effectively you have to actually train the Pokemon up on cartridge. Hence why I'd never even consider worrying about a Zapdos since they're so incredibly rare. I've never seen one yet, and doubt I ever will (unless someone hax one, which isn't too uncommon). In fact, I've only seen a Blissey once in all the time I've ever played PBR.

But yeah, this party's just for fun! I don't really care too much about winning a lot of battles so long as I can have fun doing so and make it look hilarious. For example, remember that video back on Pokestadium (I forget who posted it...) where that one guys team of Ubers got utterly crippled by a Skitty? That's sorta what I'm talking about. Except without the Skitty ^^;

That reminds me that I should have put Pikachu on that list in the first post....

Well anyway, see if you can work with that idea and I'll try to actually getting around to drawing up my own version of some sort of a...team lineup thing...

Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:19 am

Yeh! that skitty owned the rayquazza. It used a confusion attack and it may of paralyzed it as well (forgot) then it walked all over it using icebeam.

Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Dragon wrote:
h
um, i'm confused.

if i'm thinking too hard, then wouldn't that just mean crobat-kingdra-kabutops would be adequate for pbr use?
if you want to have fun when you win battles, wouldn't the priority be to make sure you actually can?
and i'm not sure what you mean by "work with that idea", since i've already basically finalized it.

maybe i'm missing something but i simply can't make heads or tails of what you said there. :C
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:30 pm

^^; Sorry, I'm probably just being confusing again. Basically, I don't care too much about winning battles as I do about doing so in a blaze of comedic glory. That's why I picked Dunsparce as the prime example, since his Serene Grace ability makes him one of the most annoying things on the face of the planet. So while he's out being thought to be a really sub-par Pokemon and ends up paralyzing/flinching the opposing team to no end and driving them up the wall, you get to sit back and have a good laugh while they squirm. Basically doing it for the lulz.

Well, lemmie draft up a team anyway and see if I can make it semi-decent...

Also, do you think:
1) That using a DD Lapras would catch people off guard, or are they pretty common?
2) That there is any way to capitalize on Focus Punch/Psycho Cut/Elemental Punches and make an at least decent surprise Physical Alakazam?

Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:25 pm

i'm thoroughly repulsed by your use of "lulz"
as well as the presence of "in ur...etc."
yet i continue to contribute. i must be insane.

1) dd is a common strategy for lapras when it appears in 6v6 uu battles, although if you battle someone who's unfamiliar with the uu metagame, you can easily grab at least 2 dragon dances and sweep.
2) physical alakazam definitely won't kill anything in standard play, aside from blissey OR weavile OR tyranitar. after picking off any one of the three, you're basically toast, unless the pbr metagame is so skewed that absolute max 327 attack (i.e. holding choice band, since without it you're stuck at an underwhelming 218) can sweep an entire team of 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:40 am

Charlotte wrote:
i'm thoroughly repulsed by your use of "lulz"
as well as the presence of "in ur...etc."
Sorry, I didn't know there was a certain way to use "lulz"...
And when did I say "in ur...etc."? (unless it was a typo and I can't find it?)

Well...sorry if I offended you silent

Ehem...but about Lapras, I really don't think too many people would suspect a DDLapras in PBR due to the rarity of it there (since PBR is open to all tiers, but mostly sees OU, some Uber, and BL/upper-class UU Pokemon) and the fact that most people probably don't know that it has it unless they use Smogon and sites like that to help them build movesets. I didn't even know it had it until I found it on Serebii back when I was making my Dragon team.

Also, about Alakazam. 327 may not be as weak as you think. Keeping in mind that IVs are random and hard to control, it's viable that some Pokemon used in PBR may have weaker stats than they normally would, and of course most Pokemon's stats never live up to the internet battling standards. And Alakazam could take advantage of that and the Physical surprise. This in mind, if I bred for an Alakazam with a max Atk IV and at least moreover decent IVs in Spec. Atk and Spd, I could make a viable Physical/Mixed Alakazam for usage in PBR.

My Salamence (Spec. Mixedmence), Tyranitar, Gyrados, and Weavile are some of the Pokemon I currently use in my two working teams that are currently Physical/Mixed Sweepers and have less than 327 Atk and do just fine at Sweeping things. So I guess you could say the PBR metagame is pretty skewered. I guess that's why I said you were thinking too hard, but I was mistaken. It's not that you were looking at it too hard, it's that you were looking at it from the perspective of essentially a totally different metagame. Sorry for the confusion...

Also, I feel like I've been kinda ungrateful to you even though you've been such a big help, so let me just say Thank You! for helping me out (and putting up with me) cheers

Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Dragon wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know there was a certain way to use "lulz"...
And when did I say "in ur...etc."? (unless it was a typo and I can't find it?)
no, i don't mean that there's a certain way you should use it, aside from "not at all"
basically i hate anything that has to do with 4chan and/or /b/, and i'm thankful i graduated RIGHT before it started getting popular in my school.
btw, you can find "in ur" under "location". "in ur castle killing ur knights".

personally, i wouldn't rely on the presence of "imperfect [defensive] ivs" to accept subpar attack stats on your own pokemon, but of course, i've never played pbr so i don't know how (un)skilled the majority of your opponents will be. therefore, if i can assume that it's quite easy to pull out a win practically just by relying on good movesets and hold items, it would also be safe to assume that any or all working movesets would, frankly, work.

with that, i would say go right ahead with whatever comes to mind. i do maintain that the rain dance team is your most efficient option for standard 6v6, cartridge or no cartridge, but for pbr i'll assume you can basically do whatever you like so long as it works on paper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:05 pm

For the record, I've never been to 4chan, nor do I support /b/, either. I just started saying lulz more because one of my friends from school does (though she's graduated now). She was quite the internet guru, but not quite one of those people you find around on 4chan. She just kinda lurks around on the internet ^^;

And sorry about the location thing. I actually used it because of this video. It's rather hilarious if you've ever played D&D, but probably won't be that funny otherwise...

Anyway, back to Pokemon! I think I've just realized that the thing I've been trying to make this whole time was a Trick Room team. I mean, if you think about it, it's essentially using Pokemon you wouldn't expect to see in standard play so that they can turn the tables on the fast paced OU mindset and deliver some pain.

Actually, I remember the first and only time I ever faced a Trick Room team on PBR. It was absolutely devastating. The only Pokemon I was able to take down was his lead (a Banette), who's only purpose was to set up Trick Room (surviving with Focus Sash) and take out my lead with Destiny Bond. It was actually a very cunning strategy, and I fell for it really easily.

It was cool, though, and I might see if I can replicate it. Lemmie see if I managed to add him. If I did I can go back and see his party (moves, items, and all, I believe) but of what I can remember, he had a Relicanth, Rotom, and that Banette. I can't remember the other 3, but that was the team he used on me.

EDIT: I have created a draft Trick Room team. It's in the second post. Now that I look at it, I think Bronzong is actually kinda unnecessary but just let me what you think...

Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:25 am

Dragon wrote:

Banette @ Focus Sash
Relaxed
Insomnia
180 hp, 252 atk, 80 spdef
-Trick Room
-Destiny Bond
-Knock Off/Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Claw

if banette's job is to die, defenses shouldn't be prioritized as much, so start off by maximizing attack. since there's really nowhere else to put the rest of the evs, 180 hp and 80 spdef evs optimize defenses assuming perfect ivs; on cartridge, just make sure to equalize def and spdef and dump the rest in hp. shadow claw makes use of your maximized attack, if you ever get to use it. i'm curious about thunder wave: won't it lower the opponent's speed, which is absolutely what you don't want in a trick room situation? in any case, it's nearly a useless move in comparison to your other options. knock off is preferred.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Levitate
Relaxed
252 HP, 152 atk, 8 def, 96 spdef
-Trick Room
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Hypnosis/Explosion

explosion and hypnosis on the same set only really works if trick room isn't in the picture. here, i've standardized evs, added earthquake for optimal type coverage, and given you the option of hypnosis or explosion; tbh there wasn't really much wrong with bronzong in the first place but this is just a more efficient option. i think i covered optimizing evs for bronzong once upon a time, so editing this for cartridge shouldn't be a problem.

Relicanth @ Choice Band
Rock Head
Brave
252 Atk, 240 Hp, 16 Def
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Double-edge

works just fine.

Rotom @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Quiet
252 Spec. Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Def
- Trick
- Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp/Confuse Ray/Light Screen

again, i'm iffy about that paralysis. if you can make use of it, by all means do so, but don't bother with discharge in that case. trick is likely to solve your problems with most ground-types anyway.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Trace
Quiet
252 Hp, 176 Spec. Def, 80 Spec. Atk
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Wish
- Thunderbolt

also fine.

Dunsparce @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Brave
252 Atk,
- Thunder Wave
- Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake/Bite

i'm very curious as to how this would work in a trick room situation. let me know.
i'd like to note that bronzong walls you very well. consider adding a slow fire-type like magcargo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:16 am

Charlotte wrote:
i'd like to note that bronzong walls you very well. consider adding a slow fire-type like magcargo.
Thanks so much for reviewing the team! Here's some things I noticed (that I couldn't edit yesterday, since Pokearena was down for some reason D: )
- I have noticed that Bronzong walls this team quite easily, as you stated
- I have decided to replace Gardavoir and Dunsparce with Porygon2 and another Pokemon (yet to be determined). Porygon2 will replace Gardavoir as a TR setup lead/Tauntgyara counter. I believe the other Pokemon should be a slow, prefferably mixed sweeper with the capability to take on Bronzong. Maybe a mixed Camerupt? (Fire being on the Spec. side, for Bronzong)
- Thank you for pointing out the Thunder Wave thing. I overlooked that ^^;
- Despite loss of infinite cool points, I've decided to put on Porygon2 instead of Dunsparce as the teams Normal-type

**Has edited the second post**

Back to top Go down
PCG520
MMO Co-ordinator
MMO Co-ordinator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Dragon wrote:
Charlotte wrote:
Thanks so much for reviewing the team! Here's some things I noticed (that I couldn't edit yesterday, since Pokearena was down for some reason D: )
- I have noticed that Bronzong walls this team quite easily, as you stated
- I have decided to replace Gardavoir and Dunsparce with Porygon2 and another Pokemon (yet to be determined). Porygon2 will replace Gardavoir as a TR setup lead/Tauntgyara counter. I believe the other Pokemon should be a slow, prefferably mixed sweeper with the capability to take on Bronzong. Maybe a mixed Camerupt? (Fire being on the Spec. side, for Bronzong)
- Thank you for pointing out the Thunder Wave thing. I overlooked that ^^;
- Despite loss of infinite cool points, I've decided to put on Porygon2 instead of Dunsparce as the teams Normal-type

**Has edited the second post**

I still have no idea what any of this means. Post count +1.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Maybe because you haven't posted any more within this topic or been keeping up with it? Maybe you have, I don't know, but whatever...

Back to top Go down
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:23 am

PCG, please stop spamming the boards.

Back to top Go down
PCG520
MMO Co-ordinator
MMO Co-ordinator

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:48 pm

Snakehead wrote:
PCG, please stop spamming the boards.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was America?
Am I in America or am I in America?
Because I thought this was America.

BTW Charlotte I have a request for you:

I was challenged by a little group of online friends to a battle.

The rules are 6 pokemon, but I'm only allowed to use one type of Pokemon, excluding one pokemon.

I really want to do a psychic team consisting of Unown, but I don't know what specs they should have nor what the other Pokemon should be. Halp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun   

Back to top Go down

Dragon's newest team project: Team PHun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1