View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

Number of posts : 187

Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Rain Dance Team   Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:52 pm

This team was made for my brother, made in Pokesav (due to his laziness), and is used in battles over Pokemon Battle Revolution. So far, with the exception of the first battle, which I totally botched up (since I've been helping him on how to use the team), this team remains undefeated.

Rain Dance Team (title pending)

Game Plan (sorta): This set is designed for the Pokemon Battle Revolution metagame, wherein only 3v3 battles are allowed. Because of this, Electrode will lead, set up Rain Dance, and Explode to bring in the Sweeper of choice. The third slot will be a backup/supporter for the Sweeper.

Electrode @ Damp Rock
Hasty
Static
252 Atk, 28 Sp.Atk, 228 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Explosion
- Taunt

As the fastest user of Rain Dance, Electrode makes a great lead for this team. Taunt and base 140 Spd. stops SR users, status, and any other leads trying to Taunt on the first turn, which ensures Rain Dance to go up. The plan after that is to Explode and send in the Sweeper of choice. Thunder is there in case it needs to stay in and attack.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate
72 Hp, 252 Atk, 184 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

As our Physical Sweeper, we have your standard DDdos who gains a lovely boost to Waterfall in the rain. Unfortunately, he doesn't get a Spd boost from an ability like Swift Swim, but DD and Intimidate make up for it.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Timid
Volt Absorb
6 Hp, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd
- Yawn
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Baton Pass

Probably the most popular Pokemon on this forum, Yawnjolt appears again! Jolt is actually one of my brother's favorite Pokemon, which is convenient since it helps out the Rain team and covers Gyarados' @$$. Everyone here already knows how this thing works, but I put Thunder over Tbolt because of Rain support.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest
Swift Swim
120 Hp, 252 Sp.Atk, 136 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Electric

The Special Sweeper of the party. Slightly different from the normal set, as Rain Dance is forgone for Dragon Pulse, as Electrode will take care of setting up Rain Dance. Hidden Power Electric is on here because my brother intends to be a little ho and Pokesav the whole team, so the IVs can be altered to create the correct type.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm
Swift Swim
204 Hp, 76 Sp.Atk, 124 Sp.Def, 104 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

Renews Rain Dance, should the team be stalled out past 8 turns. Grass Knot > Surf, as the Water attack will already be used on whichever Sweeper is chosen. Leech Seed will force switches/help recover Hp for the Sweeper, as well as being able to survive survive a Choice Specs Salamence Draco Meteor and OHKO back with Ice Beam. If all that's not annoying enough, just watch it dance in PBR while it does all this. Unfortunately, the little guy doesn't get much usage, but at least he's there to altar the opponents considerations when selecting Pokemon, as well as being the closest thing this team has to a Swampert counter.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish
Torrent
240 Hp, 52 Atk, 216 Def
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Another Supporter, which provides a second Electric immunity, as well as being a useful status absorber. Earthquake and Avalanche have good coverage, and...yeah. This set can be really annoying to fight. Especially with a Milotic....trust me I know...

So yeah, that's the team so far. Rate, suggest, criticize, etc. Thanks!

Last edited by Dragon on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

Number of posts : 305
Friend Codes : Pearl:Can't remeber Diamond: Can't remeber

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Looks good! Will you be doing various RTM's like on the 15pool one?

And a very offtopic note:
Do the few members here wish to use a Invision free board instead on this one?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonarena.forumandco.com
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks Snake! I find myself better at creating the ideas for teams rather than actually building them. That's Charlotte's forte Laugh

In any case, Invision free boards are nice, especially if you take a look at GTS+ and see the full extent of what you can do with them, but I have to ask, what will it altar in terms of things around here?

You should probably make a separate topic for it, anyway Wink

Back to top Go down
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Ok, we just fought the most amazing match ever with this team. Basically, we swept two ubers and a Blaziken ALL WITH ELECTRODE! Here's how it went:

They had:
Articuno
Kyogre
Empoleon
Blaziken
Espeon
Blaziken (yes, another)

We had:
Team above
tongue

Turn 1:

Now then, we hoped they'd send out Kyogre first, as it would totally help the whole party, but didn't take any chances and sent out Electrode first anyway. Luckily, we were correct and they sent him out, which started an infinite rain! Hooray! We use Thunder, since we don't have to worry about Rain Dancing, which takes half of Kyogre's Hp. It uses Sheer Cold, and misses. We lol.

Turn 2:

Thunder. Kyogre goes down.

Turn 3:

She switches in Articuno. Wow. Thunder takes out half its Hp. It uses Fly. We almost died laughing. For anyone who doesn't know why, you can still hit Pokemon using fly with Thunder, and in the rain it has perfect accuracy.

Turn 4:

Tunder. Articuno's down, and my brother and I are too. Like on the ground laughing.

Turn 5:

She sends out a Blaziken. EXPLOSION! Both die and we go down laughing as well. We just swept their whole team, mostly made of Ubers with an Electrode! It that doesn't show you that Pokemon can do well outside of their tier, I don't know what will.

Frikkin hilarious! And we've had plenty of other battles just as hilarious. And this team's like...what, 2 hours old? I love it so much I love you

Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:43 am

articuno is BL ._.

also, for the purposes of utilizing rain dance right off the bat, i think a mixdra would be in order. the only thing stopping blissey from walling this team to death is gyarados, who fails to ohko blissey with an un-dragon danced waterfall, and blissey ohkos with thunder in return. (before you ask what on earth kind of a blissey both carries thunder and is ev'd correctly to survive a 2x power waterfall, try killing some ubers blissey. you'll see what i mean, especially since UU rain dance teams are so viable in ubers.) in any case, there isn't a blissey around that can ohko mixdra due to its single weakness, and it 2hkos blissey with waterfall (similar to gyarados, but gyarados has that nasty 4x electric weak). i believe the only true counters to mixdra are latias and shedinja, and even so, latias is 2hkoed by dragon pulse/ice beam so you'd have to bring her out immediately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:25 am

Oh, right. I forgot Articuno was BL...it was still funny, though.

Anyway, Electrode has proved quite useful as a lead as he usually ensures someone is going down first turn, or at least they're taking a huge chunk of damage. As an example, we used his Explosion on a Dialga in one match (so we could get a free switch to Gyarados, obviously) and it took a good 60-70% or so of his Hp.

As for Blissey, that's the wonder of PBR. For one thing, if there is one on the other team, then Gyarados will be chosen as the sweeper over Kingdra. It also helps that there're only 3 slots to work with, as that causes them to have to really think about whoever they send out. Also, we're not all that worried about Blissey since I've literally only seen one on PBR the entire time I've played it. But assuming they did send out Bliss to OHKO Gyara with Thunder or cripple it, couldn't you just switch it out for Jolt or Swampert to take the Thunder/Status move and OHKO back with Earthquake/Yawn it?

The biggest problems this team's faced so far are:

Gengar: The closest thing this team has to a counter is Swampert, and Avalanche isn't the best at taking him out. Plus, we faced one with Hypnosis/Nightmare/Dream Eater/Dark Pulse which we didn't expect, and we weren't able to take it out with Avalanche in time. (If the last Sleep Talk had gotten an Avalanche, we would have K.O.'d it, but we got Earthquake instead)
Milotic: Cripples with Hypnosis and can stall out anyone who isn't Kingdra, Electrode, or Jolteon. One 2HKO'd Swampert in the rain with Surf, as well.
Swampert: Other than Ludicolo, the team doesn't have a surefire Swampert counter, either. There hasn't been a problem with one yet, but I could foresee something problematic happening without a counter for it...

But yes, if you want to change some of the team around (like leading with that Mixdra, for example), be my guest. Clearing out Electrode would leave a nice open spot, but I'm not sure who would fit in. Maybe Toxicroak...my brother wanted to use him for this team originally. My only beef is that the team would lose Taunt, which definitely helps Rain Dance go up without fail, and that Kingdra would most likely take some amount of damage first turn, which would be detrimental to the sweep, assuming it has Life Orb. If it has Mystic Water, that's different, but yeh...

Anyway, suggestions would be nice Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:12 am

if it's pokemon battle revolution, then there's really no problem. the team is fine as is, you just need to outpredict opponents who use gengar and milotic. swampert lacks the recovery to withstand STAB rain danced offense.

blissey would still be a problem because jolteon can't risk switching directly into bliss (sing), and swampert doesn't have the offenses to even 2hko with earthquake (that is, if the blissey in question can stop a 1-dd gyarados in the rain). however, [see first sentence].

in summary: this team gets screwed over in standard play. it would be easy to remedy these standard play issues, but i don't need to because [see first sentence].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:59 pm

cheers See why I love PBR? It's so easy to win with whatever you have if you know how to battle. Well it's his team...I'll let him decide what to do.

Also: I just beat the Survival Colosseum in PBR! For those unfamiliar, it's 100 consecutive battles where the only healing is by landing on the right spots on a spinning wheel after every match.

The team I used was:

Salamence
Metagross
Starmie
Breloom
Heatran
Deoxys-S

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain Dance Team   

Back to top Go down