View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

Number of posts : 187

Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Lucario Team   Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:28 pm

Oh dear God!!! Not again!!! Dragon's back to asking for team advice again?!?

It's true, dear friends, but not to the extent of before. I'm not even sure I'd actually get around to making this one, but I thought I'd at least see how it'd go if I were to make a party like this. After all....Lucario a beast. I also thought that this might help any of our bored members out there get back to straining their brains Pokemon-wise.

Obviously, this guy is the MVP of the team:

Now let's see. I want him to be a sweeper, obviously. Preferably a variation of the All-Out Sweeper set from Smogon.

With that in mind, I'd be saving Luke away for a late-game sweep unless he was getting something BPassed. I don't like BPassing, so I'd like to avoid that, if I can. However, I think having a more early game Spec. or Mixed sweeper would do well. Something good at taking down Physical walls such as Gliscor, Hippowdon, Weezing, and BulkyGyara. Vaporeon came to mind, as it would help out with my next point.

Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin (more Stealth Rock) could really help this team if set up early as it could help ensure a K.O. for Luke later on in the game. Donphan/Claydol come to mind when I think of using both on the same moveset, and Swampert/Starmie for one or the other. Some points to point out about them, though;

Donphan: Spins and can set up Stealth Rock. Very handy as a tank, not to mention a very powerful STAB'd EQ and access to Ice Shard.

Claydol: Can also Spin/SR. What makes Claydol stand out a bit is that it covers well for Lucario, having immunity to Ground, resistance to Fighting, and being neutral to Fire.

Swampert: Great Tank, great lead, and can set up Stealth Rock.

Starmie: Good Rapid Spinner and could work for an early game Spec. Sweeper. One thing to point out, though; Pursuit = Death.

However, Vaporeon, whom I mentioned earlier, would make an exalent pokemon to go with one of the Stealthspinners (or so I shall hereby dub them) as it is a kick@$$ Spec. Attacker and can completely cover that horrible Water and Ice weakness they have.

Umm....sorry to dissapoint you folks, but that's all I thought up on my own. But then again, that's why I'm asking for help, right? Happy

Anyway, any help would be appriciated. Just keep in mind that this set would be for cartridge, not Shoddy. So avoid using HP and stuff I can't control like that.

Thanks Murkrow

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:42 pm

some quick thoughts:
vaporeon, "special attacker"? 110 is nothing to laugh at, but with the exception of hp electric (which you most likely won't have), vaporeon has a pretty small movepool and generally it is a better idea to take advantage of her 130 base hp and 95 base special defense (as standard) in order to team support. without hp electric, however, tauntrados completely dominates vaporeon, so you'd have to keep that in mind (stone edge on lucario is my first thought). unless you meant in her capacity to take out the threats listed with her high special attack (in comparison to their terrible special defense)...my bad. still holds true that you might want to run stone edge though.

don't personally know how stone edge would work. i use a much bulkier adamant swords dance-crunch-extremespeed-close combat lucario than the smogon set, and i guarantee it works well (sweeps with extremespeed, mostly, hits slower pokemon hard with cc, and takes care of cress + ghosts with crunch; higher hp and defenses let it swords dance twice very, very commonly, and sometimes even up to full attack). i personally don't think stone edge would be necessary to kill gyarados with a 252/252 spread, because basically CB dos is the only one you'd have to worry about and it'll get decimated by extremespeed, considering its much lower defense.

i like claydol with lucario, it can take hits from both types of attacks better than donphan (although donphan is sturdier in an increasingly physical OU game), and has access to ice beam for those pesky dragons and gliscor. coming up with a set shouldn't be very hard for a sr/rs claydol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Ah, I overlooked the point about Vaporeon. That's fine, and I thank you for pointing it out. I don't particularly like Vaporeon and Jolteon, anyway... Mad

I like your Lucario build a lot better than theirs, now that I look at it. People often overlook the power of basic Normal attacks, especially when they have a base power of 80 and go before any other priority move. And screw Smogon, anyway. They're overrated Razz

I'm...hesitant on Stone Edge, though. Depends on the Lucario. I swear there are hidden in game mechanics for things like accuracy with certain attacks, snapping out of confusion/waking from sleep faster, etc. for every individual Pokemon. And so far I've only used Stone Edge on my BulkyGyara which hit maybe 45% of the time with it. Besides, I'm all about accuracy > power.

I like Claydol as well, especially since it's more UU and wouldn't be as expected. I could easily slap some Def. EVs on it to make it more Def minded an it could work very well as a nice SR/RS Tank. Only problem (as Smogon so lovingly points out) is Pursuit. This would also knock Starmie off as a Spec. Attacker.

But for the rest of the team I can't think of what else to use. I though of maybe throwing in BulkyGyara as a lead and kill some stuff. In that case I could use Electivire as an early game sweeper since it could greatly benifit from a predicted TBolt/Wave meant for Gyarados. Electivire adds another Ground weakness to the overall team but Gyarados and Claydol are both immune to it, which off-sets it.

But other than that, I'm really stuck on the rest of the team silent

Edit: I'd also like to add that while I am using Lucario as the MVP of this team, I'd like to use more of those sort of overlooked, underestimated, UU or BL pokemon more than the mainstream OU guys (despite that I just suggested BulkyGyara and Electivire...), if possible.

Back to top Go down
RedAbsolLuver
Pokemon egg
Pokemon egg

Number of posts : 32

Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: re: lucario team   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:53 pm

I have a... somewhat (I guess) [i]"good" team. Made out of lucario, torterra, crobat, umbreon, espeon, and gengar. Even though three of them are bad vs. bug No . BUT!!! The torterra knows a rock-type move. I can be somewhat clever sometimes flower . Not so sure if it's THAT good, though. Suspect .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charlotte
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:28 am

regarding sr/rs claydol for OU play:
270 def and max hp will ensure survival from jolly cb weavile (worth two pursuits or one ice punch. excellent). since the two most powerful "unresisted" and unboosted attacks available to claydol are earthquake (claydol is faster than most tyranitar, who will take much more damage from physical base 100 than special base 80, even considering special attack EVs) and ice beam, relaxed nature is the smartest nature to choose (don't want to remove from special defense, which -- besides toxic spikes immunity -- is really the only reason that claydol is worth using over donphan in OU). therefore: aim for 270 defense and the closest you can get to max hp (use an IV calculator to determine whether optimal leftovers recovery is a good idea), and dump the rest into special attack to take care of salamence and garchomp with ice beam. watch out for pursuit heracross, though - you can try impish nature with stone edge, which will lose coverage on chomp, skarm/forry and donphan, and misc. grass types, but will add some very welcome hits on weavile and gyarados, while retaining coverage on salamence.

your options, summarized:
claydol @ leftovers; max hp, 270 def, rest spatk/atk; relaxed/impish; levitate
stealth rock
rapid spin
earthquake
ice beam/stone edge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snakehead
Admin Leader
Admin Leader

Number of posts : 305
Friend Codes : Pearl:Can't remeber Diamond: Can't remeber

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:04 am

I don't really have enough time for a good post but i was thinking ditching donphan, because i tried doing a few stealth rock combo's myself and it never seemed to work. Also because you've already got a rapid spinner, Claydol. And even if you still wanted stealth rock you could run it in move set Charlotte gave you;
charlotte wrote:
claydol @ leftovers; max hp, 270 def, rest spatk/atk; relaxed/impish; levitate
stealth rock
rapid spin
earthquake
ice beam/stone edge

I'll post again when i get some time

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonarena.forumandco.com
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Alright, I'm going with Claydol! Somebody help me with some of the other members of the team T_T

Oh, and thanks for bringing the forum back, Eevee What a Face

Back to top Go down
Eevee Brothers
Co Admin
Co Admin

Number of posts : 288
Friend Codes : Diamond Code: (Travis) 0301 8587 0344

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Lol, your welcome Dragon Tongue Exept it was never gone. I got right into here and it was here Blink

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonarena.forumandco.com/index.htm
Dragon
Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Ninja Unsure Oh...

Back to top Go down
RedAbsolLuver
Pokemon egg
Pokemon egg

Number of posts : 32

Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: re: lucario team   Fri May 02, 2008 3:03 pm

My team has a lucario in it, so here is my team (DON'T COPY MEH! Mad )

LUCARIO: guy lvl 100
Moves: Aura sphere, dragon pulse, hyper beam, reversal.
Item: Expert Belt
TORTERRA: guy lvl 100
Moves: earthquake, stone edge, giga drain, energy ball
item: Rose Icsense
CROBAT: girl lvl 100
moves: Air Cutter, Roost, Cross Poison, giga drain
item: sky plate
Gengar: guy lvl 100
Moves: Shadow ball, dark pulse, phychic, endeavour.
item: spooky plate
Dragonite: girl lvl 100
Moves: fire punch, thunder punch, aqua tail, dragon rush
item: draco plate

And last, but not least..
Charizard Shiny: guy lvl 100
Moves: fire fang, heat wave, toxic, rock slide.

I would've put the icons, but i'm too lazy Sleep .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Team   

Back to top Go down

Lucario Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1